How to not give up when things get tough?
1. Focus on daily efforts rather than the outcomes: many times we pick up large audacious goals which take a long time to achieve. In such a situation, thinking of the outcome might make you feel intimidated because the outcome is far into the future. So, instead of focusing on the outcome, focus on the daily efforts that you need to put in, to reach a step closer. A great book on this topic is 'Atomic Habits' by James Clear.
2. Believe in the process: if you know that working hard will help you succeed, keep working hard. If you know that not eating unhealthy food will help you lose weight, stay away from unhealthy food. You may not get immediate results and that's fine. Believe in the process and keep executing.
3. Make the journey enjoyable: this is especially important for goals where the outcome is far into the future. Find ways to make every day enjoyable. For instance, when I started Cogno AI, I had big professional and personal goals and I knew that it was going to be a long journey. To make every day enjoyable, I ensured that I myself focused on things that I enjoyed and hired/outsourced for the rest.
4. Surround yourself with the best people: the best people will never give up and so, they can't see others giving up. They'll help you stay motivated so that you don't give up too.
5. Read about the journey of others who were on a similar path: this could be books, videos, podcasts, etc. I personally watch a lot of YouTube videos of other founders who have made it big. In many of these videos, they talk about their lowest points in business and how they handled it and are successful today. Learning about their journey gives me the motivation and mental strength to not give up.
What do you do to keep yourself motivated and not give up on your goals?