The best way to learn Machine Learning, or for that matter any skill, is to take-up projects. Projects help you get a realistic perspective of how things work at the ground level. Here are some interesting project ideas in Machine Learning which you may want to work on in order to build a great resume:
- Handwritten Digit Recognition: this is the standard project that everyone takes-up and you should also do it. The project is about one of the simplest Machine Learning datasets - “the MNIST dataset
- House Price Prediction: House Price Prediction problem
- COVID-19 Global Forecasting: this is a new problem that has emerged in the recent COVID-19 outbreak. Here is the dataset
- Iris Flower Prediction Dataset: The Iris dataset
- Titanic Survival Prediction: This is the “Hello World! problem on Kaggle
Some other problems which are of interest to the world:
- Sentiment Analysis: analyzing sentiment is an old problem. Every day new solutions to this problem are being created to solve this problem.
- Credit Card Fraud Detection: a relatively well-known problem which is also quite important for the Industry. If you build something around it, Banks would love to purchase.
- Insurance Fraudulent Claim Detection: Insurance companies spend millions of dollars every year to ensure that they don’t pay out a fraudulent claim. If someone solves this problem, they will make a ton of money.
I would recommend the below resources to learn ML and take-up projects:
- Andrew Ng’s Course on Coursera
- Udacity’s Machine Learning Course
- A Course on Learn Machine Learning by Building Projects
Post a Comment